Dipsy Dip Liquid Chrome Instructions
Dipsy Dip Liquid Chromes are designed to be applied over another color to create a chrome or metallic effect. The most common base color is black, however the liquid chromes can be used over other colors as well. Just be aware that the color of the chrome may be dramatically different based on the base color. Unless otherwise indicated, all photos of liquid chrome on our website are shown over our Black Tie Only Gel Polish.
Liquid Chromes can be applied over dipped nails as well as gels, however the chrome effect requires gel top coat. Dip top coat will not give you the same effect.
- Begin by applying your base coat and color according to our Gel Polish Instructions. When you apply the top coat, only cure for half of the time your lamp requires - so if your light takes 1 minute to cure the gels, cure the top coat for 30 seconds.
- After curing the top coat halfway, brush on a thin, even layer of the Liquid Chrome. Allow chrome to dry for 10-15 seconds, then use your finger or a makeup sponge to rub the chrome until it has a mirror finish. If you are not happy with the look, or if the finish is grainy looking, you can apply a second coat of Liquid Chrome over the first.
- Apply our No-Wipe Gel Top Coat on top of the chrome, and cure fully.
- Store in a cool, dry location away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Be sure to close cap securely after using.
- Ensure good ventilation when working with Dipsy Dip Gel products.
Allergies and Sensitivities:
- As with any product, you may have or may develop allergies or sensitivities to Dipsy Dip Gel Polish or Liquid Chromes. If you notice any skin sensitivity/discomfort or experience any respiratory symptoms, remove the manicure right away and discontinue use. Seek medical care immediately if symptoms are severe. Because most gel polishes use similar ingredients, if you have experienced allergic reactions or sensitivities to other gel polish brands, we do not recommend using Dipsy Dip products.
- Discontinue use immediately if any of the following symptoms occur: if there are abnormalities such as red spots, swelling, itching, irritation during use.